Saturday, July 16, 2011

Perspectives on Diversity and Culture

I have 3 people that are different in many ways one with different religion background, age, and gender. The readings from this week can relate to the people I met like, race and languages, and also the ways of life.

They all had near the same definition to culture and diversity, they defined it as, different backgrounds as of languages, races, traditions, and other ways people live. The person with the different religion was explaining to me their different songs and how they worship their gods.

I have gain a lot of insights form the information that the people shared with me, I learn that I shouldn’t be nervous when approaching people, I should have my mind set and see what responses they have to offer me.

Some aspects omitted economics, religion, parenting patterns, the way we eat, sleep, talk, care for the sick, relate to another, think about work, and life styles (Derman-Sparks & Edwards, 2010).

No comments:

Post a Comment