Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week 4- Blog Assignment

My example of microaggession that I am sharing with the class is:

One day at work a new teacher joined our staff and she was nice, loud, joyful, and always had a smile on her face. Their where two white teachers talking and I overheard their conversation, they was wondering why the superintendent was hiring a lot of black loud teachers.

When I heard that, as a black teacher I stood up for myself and coworkers and I confronted them. I thought to myself, why they will say something bad about us when we are really helping them out. I really couldn’t think straight I was so upset, my eyes got watery, and head start pounding.

It made me think about things I said in the past, that hurt somebody, and after that I thought to myself, I take back everything I ever said badly about someone. Things are still going on right know that really needs to stop for someone end up hurt or even in a real bad condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment